[racket-dev] A broken contract test & feature

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 2 18:57:30 EDT 2013

Currently, there's one test in 'contract-test.rktl' that fails.  The
problem is that the test expects 'contract-test.rktl' to be in the
"main collects directory", but it isn't -- it's in the `racket-test`
package.   What we want is to have it detect that it's in a package,
but doing that has two problems. First, the relevant function is in
`setup/private/setup-relative`, but should probably be exported
publicly.  Second, it can't be used, because it uses the package
system (of course) but the package system uses contracts in its
implementation. For this reason, I've disabled the test for the
moment, so that the core racket tests complete successfully [1].

Unfortunately, this is a really nice, if small, feature of the
contract system.  Any suggestions for how we can fix this?

Sam

[1] Why I care in will be clear in a subsequent email.

Posted on the dev mailing list.