[racket-dev] dependencies for `racket-test` package

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 2 18:19:46 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

>> > Sorry, I should have been more specific; 'tests/racket/stx.rktl' depends
>> > on
>> > htdp.  I expect that the tests in that directory depend on other
>> > packages
>> > as well, such as sandbox and compiler.
>>
>> Depending on "sandbox" and "compiler" seems ok, while the tests that
>> depend on "htdp" can be changed to use different modules.
>

> Or maybe, if they are actually testing htdp, move into the htdp pkg.

The tests I was looking were testing the syntax system, so I've modified them.

> But another issue we're forgetting here is that many of the tests are not in
> "#lang" but are load-based.

Right, those tests can't be compiled. There are lots of tests in
`racket-test` (for, eg, json and pkg and xml) that are thankfully not
load-based, so we should decide what to do with them.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.