[racket-dev] Bug in creating executables from DrRacket

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 25 20:03:16 EST 2013

On Friday, January 25, 2013, Pierpaolo Bernardi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In a freshly started DrRacket 5.3.2.1, on Windows 8, executables
> creation fails with this message:
>
> ====
> Executable creation in DrRacket is supported only in the teaching
> languages and when the #lang line specifies the language (in “The
> Racket Language”)
>
> Consider using the raco exe command-line tool instead.
> ====
>
> Applied to a program which uses "#lang racket" and from which
> executables could be generated with previous versions.
>
> LATER: It failed repeatedly, until, by chance, I opened the "chose
> language"
> dialog, and closed it back without any change. After this it started
> working as always.

I'm not able to reproduce this and looking at the code, I'm not seeing how
it could happen either. FWIW, the text in the message has changed since the
version you're using so maybe there was another bugfix at that time, too.
Perhaps upgrading will help. Or maybe there's something important in what
you clicked that I am missing that would help me understand the bug.