[racket-dev] 5.3.2 & mac os x

From: Berthold Bäuml (berthold.baeuml at dlr.de)
Date: Sat Jan 19 15:34:15 EST 2013

Works and looks good on my MacBook (Mac OS X 10.8.2)!

The only thing is that it is bit unusual to install/move a folder into Applications. E.g., Mathematica installs everything in a package connected to the graphical Mathematica binary (starts when double-clicking on the icon). All the command line binaries are inside this package then (accessible via ordinary file paths). Wouldn't something like that also be nice for DrRacket and the rest of the racket installation?

Berthold

On 19.01.2013, at 19:35, Robby Findler <robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> Dear all: we have a new .dmg layout setup for the mac os x version of Racket and so if you have time to have a look and see if it looks reasonable on your machine and report back here, that would be helpful.
>
> Here is a pointer to the current release candidate:
>
>    http://pre.racket-lang.org/release/installers
>
> Thanks,
> Robby
>  Racket Developers list:
>  http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev

Berthold Bäuml
DLR, Robotics and Mechatronics Center (RMC)
Münchner Str. 20, D-82234 Wessling
Phone +49 8153 282489
http://www.robotic.de/Berthold.Baeuml

Posted on the dev mailing list.