[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.3.2

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 18 13:26:50 EST 2013

At Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:57:51 -0500, Ryan Culpepper wrote:
> mflatt:
>   - raco setup: use db for doc tags (8c1b5db8)

 * Documentation cross-reference information is now stored in an
   SQLite3 database, which means that SQLite3 is required for building
   Racket documentation on Unix/Linux machines (but SQLite3 is included
   in Racket distributions for Windows and Mac OS X).

   Using a database for cross-reference information significantly
   reduces the initial footprint of DrRacket, since DrRacket no longer
   needs to load all cross-reference information into memory.

>   - added file/untar (3a76581a), file/untgz (0f47069f), file/unzip
> (8a77d87a)

 * Added `file/untar', `file/untgz', and `file/unzip' libraries
   for unpacking widely used archive formats.

>   - f[xl]vectors: read/write (492167c2 with tewk, 9cf821b3) and
> serialize (9e8477dd)

 * Added `read', `write', `display', and `print' support for flvector
   and fxvectors. (Since flvectors and fxvectors are always mutable,
   they still are not supported as program constants.)

>   - generalized local-type tracking for unboxing (bdf1c3e1)
>   - support MinGW build (5b016b4c)
>   - serialize: simplify quotable values (20bdbb6d)
>   - faster FFI calls (42a03421)
>   - ffi/com: added com-get-property* (0f909af7)
>   - removed sirmail (3e505af4)
>   - added phantom byte strings (aa08a684)
>   - added exn:fail:{filesystem,network}:errno (cdfc4912)

I think these are too minor or too internal to mention in an announcement.

Posted on the dev mailing list.