[racket-dev] `managed-compile-zo` seems to eat debug-level log messages

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 16 15:07:36 EST 2013

I'm trying to use logging to time various portions of Typed Racket
compilation, and I'm running into trouble.  In particular, when I do
something like this:

    (managed-compile-zo
"<collects>/tests/typed-racket/succeed/null-program.rkt")

with Typed Racket instrumented to do logging on a logger built with
`define-logger`, I never see the log messages at `'debug` level.  This
is true regardless of the log receiver spec that I provide.  If I
switch the log level to `'error`, I get the logs.

Similarly, if I switch to using `compile-file` from `mzlib/compile`,
the logs work just fine.

I think the problem is that the `accomplice-logger` in `compiler/cm`
line 377 only gets looked at at level `'info`.  If I change 'info on
line 380 to 'debug, then the behavior changes to what I'd expect.  Is
this an OK change to make?

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.