[racket-dev] Running in DrRacket changes behavior of the `compiler/cm` library

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 16 10:26:01 EST 2013

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, so I'm bringing it up on the
list.  But when I do the following:

#lang racket
(require compiler/cm)
(manager-compile-notify-handler displayln)
(managed-compile-zo
"/home/samth/sw/plt/collects/tests/typed-racket/succeed/null-program.rkt")

Then the compiler places the compiled files in the
`compiled/drracket/` directory, and looks for compiled files there as
well.  The `displayln` handler shows that basically all of Racket is
being recompiled.  I found this quite surprising, and worse it means I
can't use DrRacket to develop this program.  Would there be a way for
DrRacket not to change whatever parameter is being changed here in the
user program's context?

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.