[racket-dev] Release for v5.3.2 has begun

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 8 09:07:15 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> At Tue, 8 Jan 2013 08:51:03 -0500, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:20 AM, Ryan Culpepper <ryanc at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
>> >
>> > Please tell me if you think that this release is significant enough
>> > that it should be announced on the users list for wider testing.
>>
>> I think the new package system (yay Jay!) is significant enough that
>> it should get wide testing, and that it merits the release number 5.4.
>
> +1 on v5.4.
>
> I'm not sure about wider testing, because I think it will take time to
> build up enough packages to make testing interesting.

I think some wider testing can still be useful.  For example, does
sytem-wide/installation-wide/user-specific package installation work
on all flavors of Windows/Linux/OSX that we support.

Another issue, which perhaps Jay has more insight into -- are we
planning to move the PNS to racket-lang.org prior to the release?

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.