From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 27 05:43:49 EST 2013

First of all, thanks very much, Matthew, for implementing this!  This looks
like a great feature to me.  I have often been frustrated that users' data
structures aren't easy to quote or to manipulate in macros in the same way
as pairs or vectors; this should go a long way to improving the situation.

Second, for a name, how about some variation of "phase-global" or
"cross-phase"?

An amusing but probably not too informative name: "one-phase-fits-all".  ;)

Carl Eastlund