[racket-dev] Pull request for make-base-eval

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 22 21:16:00 EST 2013

On 2/22/13 7:05 PM, David Van Horn wrote:
> This is a pull request to make racket/scribble make-base-eval more like
> racket/sandbox make-evaluator, which was useful to me, but I wasn't sure
> if the current design avoided this for some reason.
>
> This should be a backwards compatible change, but I have not tested it.
>
>     https://github.com/plt/racket/pull/256

Actually this only seems to work when run from within DrRacket.  The
following example works fine from DrRacket, but gives an error from the
command line using raco scribble:

namespace-attach-module: a different module with the same name is
already in the destination namespace

#lang scribble/manual
@(require scribble/eval)
@(define the-eval
   (make-base-eval #:lang 'racket))

@examples[#:eval the-eval (add1 7)]

It's not at all clear to me how to resolve the problem.

David

Posted on the dev mailing list.