From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 22 16:49:16 EST 2013

No, I don't think it does. The drawing operation is called "over" and it
takes two colors (rgb, say), and an alpha and produces a color (rgb). So
you always start with some solid color in the background and draw the shape
on top of it, resulting in another color that some other shape can be drawn
on top of.