[racket-dev] Stumped!

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi (olopierpa at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 09:48:44 EST 2013

This one got me stumped for a while.  I don't remember a case like
this ever occurring in the past, so I'm thinking that maybe this is a
regression?

In DrRacket, with debugging and stacktrace enabled in all the buffers
involved, when I run the file strano.rkt, I get this error:

Welcome to DrRacket, version 5.3.3.3--2013-02-16(1ddacff/a) [3m].
Language: racket [custom]; memory limit: 16000 MB.
. . result arity mismatch;
 expected number of values not received
  expected: 7
  received: 8
  from:
  in: local-binding form
  values...:
   2013
   2
   22
   99
   14
   17
   36.158999919
   0

And the region of source highlighted is the let*-values expression
starting at line 28 in strano.rkt.

However, the error is not there: it's in the function
equation-of-time-alt at line 272 in astronomia.rkt, and DrRacket gave
me no hint of where the error actually happened.

If this is what DrRacket always did, I'm surprised I had not stumped
over this before.  If it's a novelty, then I don't like it.  8^)

(I'm attaching the two files mentioned, for reference. They are not
compilable alone, because there are other components missing, one of
these being a foreign library.  I can supply all of the missing
sources, if requested. I can also supply the library as a win64 dll
(and can compile it for win32 too))

Cheers
P.