From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 12 13:23:11 EST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Eric Dobson <eric.n.dobson at gmail.com> wrote:

> The changes shouldn't see too much improvement on structs since struct
> contracts are still expensive and I don't think it is possible to
> elide them safely with rackets introspection features (but I may be
> wrong about that, but it requires heavy thinking).

If we know that (a) the struct type has all concrete types (ie, it
isn't polymorphic) and (b) it contains no higher-order values and (c)
we know that it has no substructs then we could do better.  Currently,
Racket has no way to express (c), but I hope we can address that
eventually.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.