[racket-dev] Revising Racket's home page

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 20 18:21:25 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> I dislike the switch to something that looks less unique -- this feels
> more like yet-another-site of a language.  I can't really put a finger
> on what makes that, but I think that the big factor is the dark
> header.  (I didn't like it when Matthew initially suggested it, but I
> think it ended up being a good visual signature.)

After trying this out, I agree, and I've switched to a black top bar.
I've also added more space, as Laurent suggested, and fixed the
cropping in the popup, as Stephen pointed out.  I've revised the
tag-line formatting, and darkened a few things, and taken some more of
your suggestions that I've forgotten now.

For the text of particular parts of the page, I'm open to basically
all edits, but I'd really prefer to have suggested replacement text.

Thanks for the very detailed feedback.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.