[racket-dev] Revising Racket's home page

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Aug 20 12:16:38 EDT 2013

Just now, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> > And a major bug (chrome, now on linux): resizing the browser doesn't
> > reposition the text in the middle.
>
> Can you be more specific, perhaps with a screenshot?  I just tried
> this with Chromium on Linux and it repositioned just fine.

*sigh*; put this under senility...  I have a sophisticated setup of
three workspaces x four screen, with a vnc viewer using the same
configuration, and I was using the wrong meta keys so I resized the
vnc viewer window instead of the browser window...

But there are still problems with resizing down to the point where it
switches a display mode:

* The "noise" background image is still at the previous place which is
  now completely bogus.

* The "<" ">" arrows look very bad when shown vertically (would be
  really nice if they can switch to vertical arrows instead...)

* The book images are huge compared to the text.

* The RoR book is smaller than the others -- it's actually at a level
  that it can stay next to the text, so I think that the others should
  be at the same size.

Screenshots that demonstrate the first two and the second two:

  http://tmp.barzilay.org/newracket1.png
  http://tmp.barzilay.org/newracket2.png