[racket-dev] Updating dependency packages from other sources

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 15 22:21:04 EDT 2013

> If I try to remove just the `x11` package so I can replace it, I get
> this error:
>
>   $ raco pkg remove x11
>   raco pkg remove: cannot remove packages that are dependencies of other
>   packages
>     dependencies:
>        x11 (required by: (aosd))

It would be nice if this error message appended a hint like:

    You can remove the package anyway with --force.

In fact maybe that's sufficient, don't really need a new `replace' subcommand.

Even with a new `replace', the hint would still be handy (and should
also mention `replace'?) because folks will probably first try to do
what Asumu did?