[racket-dev] Generics updates

From: Stephen Chang (stchang at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 2 13:47:27 EDT 2013

> With that in mind, I think it would make sense to move `set-first' and
> `set-empty?' to the primitive set (making it clear that they are
> optional, and can be derived from `set->stream' if need be). With those
> two in the primitive set, anything that implements all the primitives
> should get all the derived for free, right?

Oh yeah, I like that better than moving set->stream to primitives
since they are more "standard" set operations.

Carl, I dont see how guaranteeing some fallback implementations
affects allowing more efficient versions. I think most programmers
understand that the default implementation is probably not very
efficient.

> Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.