[racket-dev] amd64 out of memory

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 16 11:57:40 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-16 11:50 AM, Jon Rafkind wrote:
> The PPA build has been failing the past 2 days or so for amd64 machines
> due to the Racket VM running out of memory, usually during 'raco setup'
> but not correlated with any specific collection.

I have seen this behaviour after a 'raco pkg remove': during the
post-removal re-setup, Racket ends up consuming all memory and swap on
my machine. This machine has 32G of RAM and 40-something G of swap, so
that's quite a lot of memory to fill :-)

I'm not sure, but I think rerunning 'raco setup' after that has happened
gets stuck doing the same thing.

Tony

Posted on the dev mailing list.