[racket-dev] Call for help testing course binaries written in Racket

From: Joe Gibbs Politz (joe at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 8 16:47:50 EDT 2012

A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped out testing here.  Sorry for
the long delay in responding; I've had my head down while doing the
preparations for the course.  Testing discovered three things:

1.  The binaries worked on just about everyone's machine;
2.  There are some hard to reproduce, intermittent output redirection
issues on Windows;
3.  The debian binary doesn't work on BSD.

One of our online students came up with a solution for the second
problem problem, which he made a batch script for to solve the problem
for the whole class (go community!).  We're not supporting BSD, since
there just aren't enough of us here with a machine to test quickly,
but no one in the class has complained yet.

For those interested, the assignment went out yesterday (feel free to
give it a shot!):

http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/cs173/2012/Assignments/ParselTest/

Props to the Racket build tools for making this work so smoothly, and
thanks to you all!

Posted on the dev mailing list.