[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.3.1

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 28 14:04:22 EDT 2012

At Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:29:43 -0400,
Ryan Culpepper wrote:
> stamourv:
>   - scheme language deprecation notice (68260a6c86)
>   - compat: packages, mutable lists (800a328fe6)
>   - NaN included in all float types (a6d5a98b61)

* The `#lang scheme' language is deprecated. `#lang racket' should be
  used instead.

* The `compatibility' collection provides features from Racket relatives,
  such as `defmacro' and mutable lists. These features are provided to
  ease porting code to Racket. We do not recommend using them in modern
  Racket code.

* NaN is included in all of Typed Racket's floating-point types, which
  makes precise floating-point types easier to use.

* Typed Racket provides the `:query-type/args' and `:query-type/result'
  utilities to explore types at the REPL.

* Screenshots of the widgets provided by the Racket GUI library are
  included in the documentation. (Thanks to Diogo F. S. Ramos.)

>   - optimization coach changes?

Nothing major.

Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.