[racket-dev] chaperones in 5.3.1?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Thu Oct 25 17:09:32 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <samth at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Hi Danny,
>
> I'm looking into your code. Can you provide some instructions for how
> I can test Whalesong myself, so that I can reduce the cycle time on
> this issue?

Sure, no problem.  From scratch:

   $ git clone git://github.com/dyoo/whalesong.git
   $ raco planet link dyoo whalesong.plt 1 20 whalesong
   $ raco setup -P dyoo whalesong.plt 1 20
   $ cd whalesong/tests
   $ racket run-more-tests.rkt

The last command should open up a new web browser window.  Leave the
window opened and in focus: the test harness will send testing
commands and run the compiler on the files within
whalesong/tests/more-tests.

If the compiler fails on any particular file in
whalesong/tests/more-tests, you can run the compiler on a single file
with:

   $ racket whalesong-cmd.rkt build [name-of-test-program]

which should produce a better stack trace if compilation fails.

Posted on the dev mailing list.