[racket-dev] module mismatch with .zos

From: Dan Liebgold (dan.liebgold at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 14:45:22 EDT 2012

It seems like the timestamps among just the .zo and .dep files will cause
us issues as well due to how Perforce works. When you sync, Perforce sets
the timestamp of the file to the time of sync. If I sync all of a Racket
distribution my file timestamps will not be coherent from Racket's point of
view, right?

As far as I can tell, one of these things must change for our setup to be
reliable:

- use of precompilation (going without .zos entirely should eliminate this
problem)
- use of Perforce; with proper timestamps Racket will not complain
- the compilation manager; if we change the default implementation to
ignore timestamps and just go by file existence we should be ok

Does this sound like an accurate assessment?

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Liebgold    [dan.liebgold at gmail.com]