[racket-dev] PLTCOMPILEDROOTS

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 10 10:23:08 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> I guess we should try this, but I think we should keep it specific to
> bytecode loading. That is, I don't think we should try to splice a
> .zip-based filesystem into Racket's core filesystem operations.

I would think that something along the lines of how classpaths work in
Java would be the right direction -- ie, PLTCOLLECTS could include
files (perhaps with a distinguished extension) in addition to
directories, and those would be ZIP files whose internal directory
structure was treated the way a directory entry directly in
PLTCOLLECTS is treated.

--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu