[racket-dev] The `var` pattern in `match`

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 29 07:31:47 EST 2012

Having something like the "var" pattern can be useful for macros that
expand into uses of match, if the macro doesn't want to expose that a bound
variable will be a match pattern and therefore must not be "_" or "...".
Granted, there are ways around this, but personally I think it would be
nice if match supported this pattern.  I would, however, entirely support
renaming this pattern to something more obscure, like
"match:pattern-variable" or something, so that unintentional uses stop
being a problem.

Carl Eastlund