[racket-dev] Bug in replace-icons (collects/file/ico.rkt)

From: Philippe Mechaï (philippe.mechai at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 7 13:32:08 EST 2012

Hi,

I found a bug in the replace-icons function of the file/ico collection.
I encountered the bug when creating a gracket-launcher via raco setup.
When the launcher is created and if a .ICO file exist in the collection it
is, on windows, inserted in the resulting exe file.
When the .ICO file does not contain all the standard sizes (16x16, 32x32
and 48x48) it is resized, but not if it contains an alpha channel.

I pushed a fix for this bug and created the pull request #167 on GitHub (
https://github.com/plt/racket/pull/167).

If it is needed I can create a sample that exhibit this bug.

While on the subject I think the launcher creation process should not fail
because it could not replace the icons (this is what happened) but only
emit a warning message.
I did not want to make such a change without an approval on the principle
but if it's ok I would be happy to create such a patch.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards,
Philippe Mechaï