[racket-dev] confusing doc for "in-directory"

From: Eric Hanchrow (eric.hanchrow at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 28 20:21:57 EDT 2012

http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/sequences.html?q=read-directory#(def._((lib._racket/private/base..rkt)._in-directory))
 says that the form will ``Return a sequence that produces all of the
paths for files, directories, and links with dir. ''  That's
ungrammatical, but worse, it gave me no clue that it will return all
files _at any depth_, similar to the Unix comand "find dir".  I'd
expected it to return only immediate children of dir, similarly to
"find dir -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1"; I was surprised when (in-directory
"/tmp") complained about not being able to open
"/tmp/some-subdirectory/" due to permissions problems.

Posted on the dev mailing list.