[racket-dev] Migrating the bug database to GitHub

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 16 21:55:57 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2012, at 3:56 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
>
>  * The bug notification-turned-mailing-list interaction aspect of Gnats
>    is mostly lost.  GitHub sends out notifications when a bug is
>    created, but it will *not* send out further comments unless you're
>    participating in the discussion (i.e., you sent a comment on the
>    issue).
>
>    - This makes for the most major workflow change: instead of relying
>      on your mailbox for all bug-related activity, you *will* need to
>      use the GitHub (web) interface.
>

> Can you elaborate on this? I see that I won't automatically receive all
> e-mails on all bugs, but if that's all right with me, then when will I have
> to use the web-interface that I don't currently?

Basically never.  All of the things you can currently do without using
the web interface (close bugs, reply to emails about bugs) will still
be available.  The only change is that you'll no longer be included in
the discussions for bugs that aren't assigned to you and that you
haven't said anything about.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu