[racket-dev] Using licensed code

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 21:23:58 EDT 2012

I'm cribbing from the Boost C++ libraries [*] for much of the `math'
collection. The license is extremely liberal, requiring only that the
text of the license be included in any source distribution.

What's the protocol for this?

FWIW, the FSF says Boost libraries and works derived from it can be
relicensed as LGPL.

Neil ⊥

[*] Unfortunately, the `science' collection has a license problem: the
stated license (LGPL) at the top any of its files can't be the actual
license if the file was derived from the Gnu Science Library (GSL),
which is GPL. Most of the files I'm interested in converting to Typed
Racket are from the GSL.

Posted on the dev mailing list.