[racket-dev] Hyperbolic functions

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 00:07:16 EDT 2012

On 06/24/2012 10:40 AM, Antonio Menezes Leitao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given that Racket implements the hyperbolic functions
> sinh, cosh, and tanh, I would like to suggest that it also
> provides the inverse functions asinh, acosh and atanh.
>
> For the moment, I'm living with my own definitions but
> it would be nicer if these were pre-defined.

It would, and I'd be happy to do it while I'm on vacation next month.
Can you submit a change request?

More generally, what would the Powers That Be think of my adding various
special functions (like probit, inverse probit, Bessel functions, gamma,
log gamma, etc.) to racket/math? I've already written quite a few in
Typed Racket for my own use.

Come to think of it, racket/math is a great candidate for being written
in Typed Racket but the racket collection has to be compiled before
typed-racket. Is there a way around that?

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.