[racket-dev] [racket] Feature request: multiple keys in sort

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 11 16:44:22 EDT 2012

On Jun 11, 2012, at 3:31 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:

> Just now, Robby Findler wrote:
>> I'd love to see something that at least handles the case of 2 levels
>> of nesting (if we consider the current situation to be one level of
>> nesting), absolutely.
>
> OK.  (The difference between dealing with 2 levels and N levels is
> minor.)

But the example isn't about nesting at all. It is about lexicographic comparisons with potentially distinct comparison operations per key [path]. Am I misunderstanding something?

I am with Eli in that I don't think this is a common problem, and that a mechanism for comparing comparison operators and keys sounds like a promising way to deal with this problem.

-- Matthias

Posted on the dev mailing list.