[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v5.3

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 26 15:40:29 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-25 13:26:53 -0400, Ryan Culpepper wrote:
>  - add contracts to interfaces (6f4ad1de)

   "Interfaces from the racket/class library now allow
    contracts to be specified for methods. Instances
    of classes that implement such contracted interfaces will
    be protected by these contracts."

>  - generics (518bf0fd)
>  - contracts for generics (552d6de9)

   "The new racket/generic library allows the definition of
    generic functions, which will dispatch to methods added
    to a structure type. Methods can be added to structure
    types using the new #:methods keyword."

>  - prompt/c, continuation-mark-key/c (de5c756d, 095d47fc)

   "Contracts can now be applied to continuation prompt tags
    or continuation mark keys, which will respectively
    guard the use of control operators or access to data
    stored in continuation marks.

>  - abstract methods (06091079)

   "The class form now supports declaring a method abstract.
    An abstract method prevents a class from being instantiated
    unless it is overriden."

>  - mzlib deprecation notices (e4141077)

  "The mzlib/class100 library has been deprecated and will be
   removed in the first release after June 21, 2013"

  (the rest of the deprecation notices are just for documentation
   since we don't have any plans to remove them)

>  - class/c changes (3eb963f6)
>  - class contracts for racket/draw, racket/snip (30311058, 2e1d59f7)

   These are probably not worth including.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.