[racket-dev] Coroutines (mzlib/thread)

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 20 21:48:38 EDT 2012

There are two notions of coroutines and they actually are distinct forms of control abstractions. There are the ones that explicitly yield and received their name from Simula 67. And then there are the ones that implicitly yield (time, certain events) and then some 'master' picks the next one to run (depending on some conditions); in Simula 67 this is a 'pattern'. We can build it for real. Both interfaces have separate uses and should be kept separate. -- Matthias