[racket-dev] props script

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Jul 20 10:48:54 EDT 2012

Two hours ago, Robby Findler wrote:
> Just to clarify: the props script is now useless to as a mechanism
> for actually setting properties, since the output is always the
> below, no matter of the arguments.

It was an attempt to make it verify the properties that drdr will
run.  I switched the strategy that is used for that now.

(As a side note, this changed happened a good while ago -- it confirms
my guess that most people just edit the file directly...)

> And I think that deleting my "DrRacket.app" and ".DS_Store" files is
> probably not the way to go to get a working props script.

Yeah -- it would be nice if it tried to verify only things that are in
git, but that doesn't work on the tree that drdr uses.  I've added
ignore patterns for the *.app and the .DS_Store files now, so it
should verify for you now (but now you'll need to run it with a
"verify" subverb to do it, of course).  BTW, the directories below are
old things that are no longer in the tree -- you probably still have
them in with a "compiled" directory (which is why git wouldn't remove
them when they're removed from the repo):

  collects/combinator-parser: no responsible
  collects/guibuilder: no responsible
  collects/srpersist: no responsible
  collects/tex2page: no responsible
  collects/waterworld: no responsible
  collects/tests/aligned-pasteboard: no responsible
  collects/tests/plot: no responsible
  collects/tests/typed-scheme: no responsible