From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 10 23:51:21 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

> 10 minutes ago, Robby Findler wrote:
>> It is the future visualizer so I thought it belonged with the
>> visualizer. No?
>
> (You mean "... belonged with the futures", right?)

Right. :)

>> Alternative suggestions welcome.
>
> I think that it fits well with other meta-analysis kind of tools like
> errortrace and the profiler, so a new toplevel collection seems to
> make perfect sense.  I don't have a concrete suggestion better than
> "future-visualizer" though since I don't know what it does exactly.
> Maybe "future-debugger" or "future-tracker" or something like that?

I think we have too many top-level collections and making a new one,
especially with "future-" in the name seems like a step in the wrong
direction.

("visualizer" is a better word than "debugger" or "tracker" for what
it does, IMO, altho it has elements of those. But if you read the docs
in the Guide about it, you should get some idea what it does.)

Robby

Posted on the dev mailing list.