[racket-dev] Scribble documentation bug

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 24 12:12:31 EST 2012

At Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:38:37 -0500 (EST), "J. Ian Johnson" wrote:
> In scribblings/scribble/manual.scrbl:
> cite does not take only strings. I've been using bib-entries with it
> exclusively, actually. What all can it take? I see it makes a link element with
> a tag like `(cite , at all-things-that-might-be-strings). I'd rather not go
> mucking about with what tags are and such to know what's really going on.

I'm pretty sure that `cite' from `scribble/manual' takes only strings,
and its implementation has a contract.

Are you maybe using a `cite' bound by `define-cite' from
`scriblib/autobib', along with `make-bib' from `scriblib/autobib'
(which is the right way to use that kind of `cite')?

Posted on the dev mailing list.