[racket-dev] Interactive Stepping

From: Stephen Bloch (bloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 21 16:44:10 EST 2012

The latest student query on "users at racket-lang" comes from a student who typed an expression at the prompt and hit "Step" to single-step its evaluation.  Which is a reasonable thing to do, and one I've wished for years were possible.  How difficult would it be?

A related wish-list item: I'd like to be able to select a section of code in Definitions, hit "Step", and single-step through only that part of the code.  Sure, go ahead and EVALUATE everything before that, but don't turn on the Stepper until you get to that section of code.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.