[racket-dev] collections with no one responsible

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Feb 17 18:31:29 EST 2012

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote at 02/17/2012 05:38 PM:
> 2. We keep it where it is, and don't maintain the code other than
> fixing life-threating bugs.  This is basically the status quo, and I
> think it means people who report other, non-life-threatening bugs
> should be informed that we're not maintaining the code, and thus their
> bug isn't going to get fixed.

Side comment, which will probably sound odd: I'm not sure if you mean
"life-threatening" literally in this case, and I'm not criticizing that
use, but I think probably best if people don't adopt this term and start
using it loosely on the Racket email lists.

I believe that some people on Racket lists also work on life-critical or
safety-critical systems, and are all kinds of serious about it.  Please
to be gentle with delicate sensibilities of engineers.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/