[racket-dev] new logo

From: Norman Gray (norman at astro.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 13 10:25:00 EST 2012

On 2012 Feb 13, at 14:54, Philippe Meunier wrote:

> For some reason it slightly reminds me of a symbol for some religious
> cult or political party, which might or might not be a good thing.

Whoa!  Doesn't it just!

Another thing that occurred to me, on the same model as before, is to go for an almost completely typographical logo.  At <http://nxg.me.uk/temp/lambda-r5.pdf> is a possibility.  It's just '\r.', really, but with the lambda in a cursive font, the 'r.' in a modern one (Gill Sans), and some pretty aggressive tracking to make it into a unit.

That doesn't have the shinies of other suggestions, but it's obviously very adaptable and (to my aesthetic at least) matches the chiselled restraint of a Scheme.

I think that's exhausted my visual creativity for the day, so I'll shut up now....

All the best,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk