[racket-dev] Is anybody else getting this error?

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 7 14:01:46 EST 2012

This is from the latest release. On Redex errors and some Typed Racket
errors (so far), I get something like

exception raised by error display handler: normalize-path:
#<path:/var/tmp/racket> (within the input path) is not a directory or
does not exist; original exception raised: reduction-relation: before
underscore must be either a non-terminal or a built-in pattern, found 1
in b_1

The problem isn't the Redex error I'm getting - I know how to fix that -
but that it's expecting a "/var/tmp/racket" directory to exist.

Obviously I could create this directory, but I wanted to bring it up
here first. It appears that some collects are either making an
assumption they shouldn't be making, or they rely on a badly behaved
function that creates temporary files. (I've verified that
`make-temporary-file' is working.)

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.