[racket-dev] Abstract classes

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 7 13:14:09 EST 2012

On 2012-02-07 12:01:10 -0600, Robby Findler wrote:
> I'd say to try this position and go around in the codebase looking for
> abstract classes to see if it works with what we have.

That's a good idea. I can look into that.

> One other abstract classe in the framework come to mind: the
> frame:editor-mixin produces abstract classes.

Creating abstract classes at runtime is a neat use-case.

> What would you do with this information if you had it?

We could either just let it be a hint for the programmer or actually
check that concrete implementations match the signature. I think
Matthias had the former in mind, but either way is an option if we had
this.

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.