[racket-dev] "bookmarks" in drracket?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Feb 3 14:14:20 EST 2012

On Feb 3, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> I would think that browser-like buttons are enough, and match the stack philosophy.
>
> I also think that stacks are fine. If working with bookmarks suggest we want something else, we should explore this as a second step.

I agree; none of the browsers I've used have a visual representation of what pages are on the stack.  At a minimum, this is clearly "currently acceptable UI design."

One vaguely dangerous element here is that in the browser model, there's no persistent connection between a window and a source file, whereas an IDE typically does have one.  Will this "back-arrow" functionality also work on jumps to definitions that live in different files? This opens up a bunch of UI questions for me.  Possibly it's simpler just to ignore this for now.

John