[racket-dev] Typed versions of untyped collections

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 17 14:12:30 EST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Neil Toronto <neil.toronto at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/16/2012 06:41 PM, Eli Barzilay wrote:
>>
>> 10 minutes ago, Neil Toronto wrote:
>>>
>>> I think I'd rather have a convention in Typed Racket that (require foo)
>>> imports `foo/typed' when it exists.
>>

>> +14.  I think it came up in the past, but I don't know why it wasn't
>> done...

It hasn't been done because I don't think it's a good idea.  There are
a couple reasons for this. First, I really don't want to add a search
path to the module resolution algorithm.  Second, there's no actual
good way to tell if a module is typed, esp. without loading the module
first.  That's in addition to the costs Matthias mentions.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.