[racket-dev] Planet 2 default package name services

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 12 12:57:03 EST 2012

The default Planet 2 package name services are URLs based on plt-etc.byu.edu.
While I understand why Planet 2 is hosted there -- all of Racket is at one
university or another -- wouldn't a racket-lang.org URL be better, and then
redirect to *.byu.edu behind the scenes?  Like planet2.racket-lang.org for
plt-etc.byu.edu:9003 and legacy.planet2.racket-lang.org for ...:9004, or
something like that?  That would be more intuitive for anyone looking at
the URLs, and flexible in case we decide to move the hosting at a later
date.

Carl Eastlund