[racket-dev] [DrDr] R25887 (timeout 1) (unclean 1) (stderr 1) (changes 64)

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 15:01:42 EST 2012

The Typed Racket optimizer tests continue to fail on an intermittent
basis in DrDr, as shown below.  I'd really like to fix this,
especially since we're doing very well for zero failures on DrDr, but
I don't know what's going wrong.

The error is:

force: promise's thread terminated without result or exception
  promise: #<promise:!running!...et/optimizer/run.rkt:47:28>
  context...:
   /opt/plt/builds/<current-rev>/trunk/collects/racket/promise.rkt:98:2
   /opt/plt/builds/<current-rev>/trunk/collects/tests/typed-racket/optimizer/run.rkt:50:3:
for-loop
   /opt/plt/builds/<current-rev>/trunk/collects/tests/typed-racket/optimizer/run.rkt:44:0:
mk-suite

which I think indicates that a thread is being killed somewhere, but I
don't know why that would be happening, and I haven't seen this
happening on other machines.

Are there any techniques recommending for finding what's killing this
thread?  Does DrDr do anything special that would affect this?  The
relevant code is here:
https://github.com/plt/racket/blob/master/collects/tests/typed-racket/optimizer/run.rkt#L44-53

Sam

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM,  <drdr at racket-lang.org> wrote:
> DrDr has finished building push #25887 after 58.56m.
>
> http://drdr.racket-lang.org/25887/
>
> A file you are responsible for has a condition that may need inspecting.
>   unclean:
>     http://drdr.racket-lang.org/25887/collects/tests/typed-racket/run.rkt
>
>   stderr:
>     http://drdr.racket-lang.org/25887/collects/tests/typed-racket/run.rkt