From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 12 16:42:09 EDT 2012

It works by looking at the expanded version of the program, so if the
parens aren't matched, it can't do anything. It does try to compensate
for this by keeping around information from previous successful
expansions (when it isn't obviously wrong to do so, but you can fool
this aspect of it).

But unlike other information from check syntax, it is activated by the
position of the insertion point, not the mouse position. I'm not sure
if this is the right call, but I thought it worth trying out.

Robby

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Asumu Takikawa <asumu at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> This is really great. I especially like how you can "lock" the docs into
> place.
>
> One thing I was confused by is how to activate it. It appears to
> activate when I type an identifier standalone. For example, when typing
> this into the definitions window, it shows up ($ is the cursor):
>
>   call-with-continuation-prompt$
>
> However, this doesn't work:
>
>   (call-with-continuation-prompt$
>
> but the latter seems more useful, because I'm more likely to type the
> identifier in operator position.
>
> It does show up if I complete the expression and then put my cursor
> over it, like this:
>
>   (call-with-continuation-prompt$
>     (lambda () (+ 1 2)))
>
> Cheers,