[racket-dev] Fwd: [racket] Are There More String Functions?

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 05:57:46 EDT 2012

(sorry, I couldn't figure out how to reply properly from the list archive,
as I don't receive the dev-list emails.)

One string function that I often find useful in various scripting languages
is a `string-split' (explode in php).
It can be done with `regexp-split', but having something more along the
lines of a `string-split' should belong to a racket/string lib I think.
Plus it would be symmetric with `string-join', which already is in
racket/string (or at least a doc line pointing to regexp-split should be
added there).

Maybe also a `string-replace' could be useful, especially when one does not
want regexps and has special characters that need to be quoted.

Regexps are very powerful, but they are complicated for beginners.

Laurent