[racket-dev] Adding the new plot library [was: Re: Plot?]

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Sep 30 06:16:46 EDT 2011

I think concern about backward-compatibility is great.  (For example,
moving to non-mutable pairs was painful for one of my libraries.
"#:exists" without backward-compatibility or static checking was annoying.)

I have two questions:

1. Does anyone think that there is likely any *substantial* *current*
use of the plotting-related C code in question that you *don't* know
about?  Or do you probably know of all the people who might be affected,
and you can work with them on this question?

2. If you want to get some C code out of core Racket, does the option of
moving it to PLaneT simplify things?

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/