[racket-dev] Adding the new plot library [was: Re: Plot?]

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 29 18:31:40 EDT 2011

On 09/29/2011 12:27 PM, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> You're referring to the code that implements `fit', right?
>
> Shouldn't we just keep that until someone does the same thing that
> Neil has done for that code too?

Yes. I'll likely convert that one as well, but not right now. I've got
quite a bit of experience with nonlinear function fitting, from another
graduate program, a lifetime ago. (Or 3-4 years ago. or whatever.)

A 'fit' module that does polynomial and more general least-squares
fitting, linear and spline interpolation, and kernel density estimators
would be really handy in quite a few situations.

(Heck, let's just incorporate williams/science while we're at it.
Batteries included!)

Neil T

Posted on the dev mailing list.