[racket-dev] Suggestions for monitoring unresponsive web server connection?

From: Kathi Fisler (kfisler at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 6 20:13:01 EDT 2011

Our homework submission application, currently running under 5.1.1
with Jay's stateless infrastructure, has been going unresponsive on us
a lot lately.  In some cases, the process is still alive but the web
server does not respond to requests.  In some cases, the process has
died.   While this sometimes happens concurrently with high load, load
is neither necessary nor sufficient.

Are there commands we can use when we startup racket or the server
that might give diagnostics to help trace the problem?

We are not getting core dumps (even when the process dies).  So far,
monitoring top output hasn't revealed anything unusual or telling.

Here's the uname -a listing, in case that is helpful:

Linux turnin.cs.wpi.edu 2.6.18-238.12.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue May 31 13:22:04
EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

thanks,
Kathi

Posted on the dev mailing list.