From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 1 07:37:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:13 AM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> 8 hours ago, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
>> >
>> > AFAICT, you're not using anything that `synatx-rules' can't do, so
>> > what's the point?
>>
>> Better error messages, hopefully.
>
> Um, but you didn't do that:

Indeed, the error messages could be improved in lots of ways -- I just
took the reference implementation and improved it in the most obvious
ways.  I had hoped that things like the following would get better
errors from `syntax-parse' automatically:

-> (let-values)
-> (let-values 3 4 5 6)
-> (let-values (3 . 4) 3 4 5)

But they didn't, unfortunately.  I don't know if Ryan will change that
ever.  If there was something between `syntax-parser' and
`define-simple-macro', that would be the right tool here.
--
sam th
samth at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the dev mailing list.